Monday, January 30, 2006

Spring semester 2006 - the forth semester

Finally, school starts today ! After long days of break, apparently I am ready for this new exciting semester. It's my forth semester already... fiuuuh.. time flies man !
I am taking 13 credit hours, same as last semester; reguler courses : Musicianship IV, then graduate voice (which was not so good last smt - I have to get better this semester- by the way, I get Dr. Turner this semeseter, a new profesor - how exciting !),
and then Voice Pedagogy (learn how to teach voice) - i am looking foward to this subject, since this would be the first time I learn properly how to teach voice - so far I just used my experience and logic in coaching voice or choir,
Worshipping Church - the only subject which relates to theology and worship, i expect alot of readings for this class
the last but not the least is Choral Technique - this is the advance subject after graduate conducting class (which I did well last semester) I guess I would learn quite many things from this class.

For choir, I registered for Oratorio Chorus, this semester I will have two times concert: first, we are going to present Benedicite by Vaughan William on March 21, and the second one would be The Light a sacred Cantata composed by Dr. Landgrave and Dr. Sherman (two of faculty members in music school).
Then still continue to participate in Seminary choir which has three big program: sing in ACDA (American Choir Director Academy) in Charlestown WV, choir tour on spring break, and Spring concert.
And occasinally I still participate in Chapel choir - which most likely similar to church choir.

** ALERT ALERT **
I just realize how big the work load for this semester, the 3 main subjects that I am taking this semester seems to have a lot of readings and assignments...arrggghh... Panic alert mode on !
Well..., I know that God is gonna give me strength - yet I need to work on my best -
Your prayer would be higly appreciated ... ciao, need to plan my schedule for this week...

* ORA ET LABORA *

No comments:

Kesepian di Masa Kuncitara

Indonesia, atau tepatnya Jakarta saat ini sedang berusaha untuk menanggulangi tingkat kasus terpapar Covid19 yang semakin meningkat. Upaya u...